elvenjaneite

Wintersong
S. Jae-Jones

Sun-kissed

Sun-Kissed (Amour et Chocolat) (Volume 7) - Laura Florand

A new short novel from Florand. This one is a bit different in that it 1) takes place in America and 2) focuses on the older generation, Mack Corey and Anne Winters. I really enjoyed the way Florand explores the different characters, who are more mature and self-confident than their children and their children’s peers in some ways, and yet still very vulnerable in others. I did miss the French setting a bit, but the sea-side is a lovely alternative. I loved the way Mack sees his daughters and sons-in-law; it was great to see some of the other characters from the Chocolat series through his eyes. All in all, this was a lovely endcap to Florand’s earlier stories (though if there are more in the future, I won’t be sad!)

Source: http://bysinginglight.wordpress.com/2014/05/23/recent-reading-short-stories-romance-and-middle-grade/#Sun-kissed