elvenjaneite

Stacey Covington-Lee
Outrun the Moon
Stacey Lee

The Wolf Hunt - Gillian Bradshaw

I’ve been thinking for a few years that someone really needs to write some YA retellings of the Lais of Marie de France. Well, there’s one out there, Wolfborn, as well as this adult book by Bradshaw, which could probably be a cross-over. Both are using the Bisclavret story, which is certainly one of the more dramatic ones. Bradshaw is, of course, a wonderful writer of historical fiction, and she deals well with the fantastic elements of the story (I’m sure the biology is iffy, but I don’t personally tend to notice these things). Eline is not at all sympathetic, but the main characters attempt to deal with her with sympathy and kindness. All in all, this isn’t one I loved, but I did appreciate it.

Source: http://bysinginglight.wordpress.com/2014/05/12/recent-reading-fantasy-and-science-fiction