elvenjaneite

Wendy Wan-Long Shang
Libriomancer
Jim C. Hines

Destroyer - C.J. Cherryh

Reading the cover copy for this one stressed me out–no joke! And the next one looks EVEN WORSE. As a reading experience, this one was a bit frustrating, because we were so close to getting some closure with the whole Barb thing–so close to seeing her as a real person, as opposed to Bren’s biased view of her. But it didn’t quite happen. Maybe it will? I am more hopeful than I was, anyway. And the political stuff and new understanding of the atevi world view is all really fascinating and well-done. I wonder, just as a question of process, if Cherryh understands more about the atevi than she lets on, or whether she writes herself into it.

Source: http://bysinginglight.wordpress.com/2014/05/12/recent-reading-fantasy-and-science-fiction