elvenjaneite

Elizabeth & Leicester: Power, Passion, Politics
Sarah Gristwood

Night Watch

Night Watch - Terry Pratchett

Pratchett doesn’t always work for me, notably in most of the Discworld books. (I know I am deprived. I wish I could be different.) But Rachel Neumeier suggested trying this one in a comment, and I’m glad I listened. I loved Sam Vimes and the rest of the cast, and the impossible situation he’s thrust into, and the fact that the plot loops around on itself in a marvelous and sob-inducing manner. I finished and immediately went back to read the beginning again and started crying. It’s brilliant the way Pratchett turns us from the onlookers who weren’t there into the veterans who were. I’ve been informed that I should read the rest of the Vimes sequence, and I have Guards! Guards! checked out right now.

Source: http://bysinginglight.wordpress.com/2013/09/27/recent-reading-9-27-13/#Night Watch