elvenjaneite

Wintersong
S. Jae-Jones

Angel with the Sword

Angel with the Sword - C.J. Cherryh

I read this one for the Book Smugglers’ Old School Wednesday feature. I already knew I loved Cherryh, based on the first three books in the Foreigner universe (which I will get back to someday).Angel was a lovely read, which felt very science fantasy to me. I especially appreciated the fact that the heroine was from a different class than fantasy protagonists often are, and that she was depicted as having a more realistic and grounded view of life than the higher class characters. Basically, I thought she was awesome. I know Ana and Thea thought that the main male character was a bit thin; honestly, during reading this didn’t bother me, though I can see their point. I’ve heard there are shared world short stories set in the same place, and I would definitely be interested in reading them at some point.

Source: http://bysinginglight.wordpress.com/2013/07/08/mini-reviews-late-june/#Angel with the Sword