elvenjaneite

Libriomancer
Jim C. Hines
Elizabeth & Leicester: Power, Passion, Politics
Sarah Gristwood
Montmorency: Thief, Liar, Gentleman? (Montmorency, #1) - Eleanor Updale Another slightly fluffy though overall quite enjoyable book. Montmorency didn't touch me anywhere near as deeply as my favorite thief, but his journey was interesting and pulled me along nicely.

Montmorency is a fairly low-level thief who, when the book begins, has been caught and put in prison (boy, when I type that I realize that I could put Gen in for Montmorency and I've got The Thief...how odd). He suffered extensive injuries in the event that led to his capture and after his eventual recovery and release enters the world as two people: Montmorency, the gentleman (fashioned after the doctor who treated him) and Scarper, his servant. Scarper uses an ingenious system to rob houses and shops while Montmorency learns to love the opera and good food.

I believe there's a sequel, and possibly another book after that, which I will read sooner or later.