elvenjaneite

Elizabeth & Leicester: Power, Passion, Politics
Sarah Gristwood
A Fatal Waltz - Tasha Alexander A Fatal Waltz
by Tasha Alexander
The third in the Lady Emily Ashton mysteries. Like the first two, the book concerns an investigation which Lady Emily undertakes as well as a growing romance with another character (who shall remain nameless because of spoilers for the first book). This one takes Lady Emily from a political house-party, where an enemy is murdered and a close friend arrested, to Vienna, where she tries to unravel the tangled threads of jealousy, political scheming, love, and revenge. Along the way, those nearest and dearest to her are frequently threatened. As with the second book, I continued to enjoy the story and characters but was occasionally annoyed by the way Alexander handled the language--stilted phrases which were meant to make the book sound authentic but which only succeeded in being annoying were the main problem.