elvenjaneite

Libriomancer
Jim C. Hines
Elizabeth & Leicester: Power, Passion, Politics
Sarah Gristwood
Borders of Infinity (Vorkosigan Saga, #5.3) - Lois McMaster Bujold “The Mountains of Mourning,” “Labyrinth,” and “Borders of Infinity.” I’d read two of the three stories before, in other omnibus editions, but it was interesting to see the three linked by a very loose sort of narrative arc. I was trying to figure out why these three were chose in particular when I happened to see the front flap which helps tell us that, “Here are three episodes from the life of Miles Vorkosigan illuminating his painful training and experience.” Painful is right. None of these are really Miles at his finest hour, particularly the last two. “Borders of Infinity” was particularly difficult. They’re good to have in the overall scheme of the series, but rather hard as a concentrated book. Note another hilariously awful cover.