elvenjaneite

Libriomancer
Jim C. Hines
Elizabeth & Leicester: Power, Passion, Politics
Sarah Gristwood
Firebirds: An Anthology of Original Fantasy and Science Fiction - Nancy Springer, Delia Sherman, Laurel Winter, Elizabeth Wein, Emma Bull, Meredith Ann Pierce, Sharyn November, Megan Whalen Turner, Sherwood Smith, Kara Dalkey, Nina Kiriki Hoffman, Lloyd Alexander, Diana Wynne Jones, Nancy Farmer, Michael Cadnum, Garth Nix, Charles Vess Another short story collection, this one focused on authors with a connection to the Firebird imprint. Several of my favorite authors, including Megan Whalen Turner, had stories in it and overall I thought it was a very solid, well-done collection. I really enjoyed “Beauty” by Sherwood Smith, partly because I was so happy to read more about Mel and Shevraeth and it just changed the ending of Court Duel in lovely ways. Also, “Cotillion” by Delia Sherman, which was yet another Tam Lin story.