elvenjaneite

Libriomancer
Jim C. Hines
Elizabeth & Leicester: Power, Passion, Politics
Sarah Gristwood
A Conspiracy of Kings - Megan Whalen Turner No-spoiler review: I just finished my first (but by no means last) read-through of A Conspiracy of Kings, the fourth in Megan Whalen Turner's series (which, for the record, I now think should be called the Basileus series). Since I know people out there are trying to avoid spoilers, this post will be a very general non-spoilery one. The next one (with an jump) will be chock full of spoilers.

I LOVED IT. Okay, yes, it did leave me wanting to read the next book now, but still. LOVE. Sophos has grown so much as a person, and I loved that his sense of humor and Gen's are so entirely different, and yet they mesh so well. I loved several of the minor characters and so many of the major ones too. I don't think I was left unsatisfied, or even exactly with questions. It's more that I have a sense of story not yet told that I didn't have at the end of the previous books. I can't wait for the next installment.

Link to spoilery review: http://bysinginglight.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/a-conspiracy-of-kings-spoilery/

Link to very detailed and spoilery notes: http://bysinginglight.wordpress.com/2010/03/28/another-conspiracy-of-kings-post/

-----

It took me a few reads to decide that I loved this book, but I have decided and I truly do. Sophos’s story is, in its own way, as heartbreaking as Gen’s in Queen of Attolia. And I love Turner’s writing and will read everything she publishes. And I can’t wait for the next book, but fortunately I have Sounis to wait with me. [2010 in books]