elvenjaneite

Libriomancer
Jim C. Hines
Elizabeth & Leicester: Power, Passion, Politics
Sarah Gristwood
Darkwood - M.E. Breen A very well written fantasy. Good characterization. I liked the fact that in this day of vampires and werewolves and fairies all repeating each other ad nauseum, it actually felt original. I do wish that the big reveal had been given a little more time–that someone had asked the questions I wanted to ask. I think there were answers to my questions, but they just sort of got skipped over. The story was tied up nicely, but I could see a sequel–if there is one, maybe that will help. The only other issue I had was that the front flap said something about fairy tales, but I saw very little in the actual story to remind me of them. Maybe I’m being a little too literal, but other than a bit of atmosphere and a forest, I just didn’t see it. On the other hand, M.E. Breen has my first two initials, so clearly she is bound to be awesome. [June 2010]