elvenjaneite

Libriomancer
Jim C. Hines
Elizabeth & Leicester: Power, Passion, Politics
Sarah Gristwood
The Ladies of Grace Adieu and Other Stories - Susanna Clarke, Charles Vess Short stories by the author of Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, which I would have re-read if I thought I had time. Clarke continues her amazingly versatile writing style in this collection. I think you pretty much had to read Jonathan Strange for most of these to work at all. But if you read and enjoyed that, I think you would like collection. [Jan. 2009]

----

Short stories by the author of Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, which I’ve been meaning to re-read since I got my copy from Oregon. The short stories are from a variety of time periods, from Elizabethan to Regency. I often waffle on short story collections, but this one is pretty solid–helped, I think, by the unity of the concept and world. “On Lickerish Hill” is probably my favorite, though “The Duke of Wellington Misplaces His Horse” is pretty close. [Mar. 2011]