elvenjaneite

Libriomancer
Jim C. Hines
Elizabeth & Leicester: Power, Passion, Politics
Sarah Gristwood
Night Train to Memphis - Barbara Mertz, Elizabeth Peters This book was pure gold (erm…). I mean, the other ones I enjoyed. But this one! Schmidt! The pure awesomeness that is Schmidt blew me away. I laughed myself silly in parts. And did anyone else catch the Busman’s Honeymoon reference? [Dec. 2008]

-----

I haven’t read The Laughter of Dead Kings yet, but I’ve read the rest of the books in the Vicky Bliss series and this one is definitely, emphatically my favorite. Peters manages to take all the tropes she’s set up in the rest of the books and stand them on their heads. Plus, Schmidt is amazing. [Nov. 2009]

----

I like rereading Vicky occasionally, and this one is definitely my favorite. Peters manages to turn several of her tropes from the previous books on their heads, in a very satisfying way. [Nov. 2011]