elvenjaneite

The Great Wall Of Lucy Wu
Wendy Wan-Long Shang
Libriomancer
Jim C. Hines
The Curiosities: A Collection of Stories - Maggie Stiefvater, Brenna Yovanoff, Tessa Gratton This was one of those books that made me want to jump up and write a whole bunch of short stories. I think it’s an extremely strong anthology, which comes partly from what it is–a collection of the stories from The Merry Sisters of Fate. The three authors work well together, since they have similar obsessions, if not similar styles. And they are so very good at what they do. In fact, the collection as a whole is so strong that I’m having trouble picking out favorite stories. This does not happen to me with anthologies. My only quibble is that I frequently found the annotations distracting, especially on a first read. I’d like an e-book where the reader can turn the annotations on and off as desired.