elvenjaneite

Libriomancer
Jim C. Hines
Elizabeth & Leicester: Power, Passion, Politics
Sarah Gristwood
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making - Catherynne M. Valente, Ana Juan The first book I ever read online, it was well worth it. In general I love Valente’s prose and here the story seemed like a lovely mix of the good parts of Alice and any number of fairy tales. At the same time, it had a spice of originality which kept it from feeling derivative. [2010 in books]

-----

I read this before it was a physical book, and I wanted to see what I thought of the codex version. I liked it, because I love Valente’s work. But I have to say, I missed the excitement of reading the story on my computer screen and realizing it was really good. And, *hides* I’m not such a huge fan of the illustrations. I know a lot of people love them, but they weren’t how I pictured the world of the characters. [Nov. 2011]