elvenjaneite

Libriomancer
Jim C. Hines

Lord of the Changing Winds by Rachel Neumeier

Lord of the Changing Winds - Rachel Neumeier

So, I honestly thought I had read this book, and only got it out to re-read it. It turns out that I hadn’t read it at all, or at least have no memory or record of doing so! Which is a shame, since it’s a really marvelous story. (Also, there’s the whole favorite author/Twitter friend thing.) I love the worldbuilding here, both the details of everyday life and the wider political issues and implications. (There is also some truly excellent food.) Although the story takes on big topics, there is at the same time an intimacy to it. We stick pretty closely to two viewpoints and the arcs of these two main characters are pretty closely interwoven. I found that I liked this one with the same part of my reading brain that likes Andrea K. Höst’s books (which is not surprising at all). I’ve already devoured the second and am part-way through the third book.

Book source: public library
Book information: 2010, Orbit; adult fantasy (though excellent YA crossover)

Source: http://bysinginglight.wordpress.com/2015/03/09/recent-reading-sheinkin-cypess-carroll-neumeier/#Lord%20of%20the%20Changing%20Winds