elvenjaneite

Stacey Covington-Lee
Outrun the Moon
Stacey Lee

bysinginglight.wordpress.com/2015/01/29/recent-reading-nye-mcgowan-partridge

Marching For Freedom: Walk Together Children and Don't You Grow Weary - Elizabeth Partridge

This is an extremely timely book, especially if you have kids who are going to see Selma (which I haven’t yet but want to). It focuses on the role of young people in the Selma to Birmingham march, which reminded me a bit of We’ve Got a Job from a few years ago. Partridge’s concentration allows her to give a narrow, deep look at what was happening at that point. She clearly did a lot of work interviewing participants and researching the background and conditions in Selma at the time. At the same time, I will note that this is an outsider’s view. It definitely has value, especially as an introduction to the march and its background, but I would also love to hear more from the people who were there.

Source: http://bysinginglight.wordpress.com/2015/01/29/recent-reading-nye-mcgowan-partridge