elvenjaneite

Outrun the Moon
Stacey Lee

Maid of Deception

Maid of Deception (Maids of Honor, #2) - Jennifer  McGowan

The second in the Maids of Honor series. These are one step more fanciful than, for instance, the Agency series, but they’re quite enjoyable if you’re able to put questions of historical accuracy aside. Personally, since they never pretend to be accurate, I’m quite willing to do so. I liked the book a lot, although I had some niggling questions about the portrayal of Beatrice’s mother. I think I mostly like how the relationship between the maids is shown: they’re not always united, but they clearly care about each other and that comes through. I will also say that the cover is pretty awful and the book is much better. (Who is this girl? Why are there anachronistically dressed young men lounging about? Who can say?)

Source: http://bysinginglight.wordpress.com/2015/01/29/recent-reading-nye-mcgowan-partridge